At Hoo St Werburgh Primary School our curriculum aims to promote:
- Successful learners, who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
- Confident individuals who are able to lead safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
- Responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society
- Our motto: Courage Confidence Respect Belonging.
The school aims to provide learning experiences and to create a life long love of learning and achievement. This means designing and delivering a curriculum within a real and relevant context for learning through which young people can recognise for themselves the importance of learning to their lives, both now and in the future.
We want pupils to learn to take an active engagement with and responsibility for their own learning, increasing the impact and potential for future development.
- Deliver the National Curriculum
- Give learners a sense of autonomy, including the chance to think critically, make decisions, take responsibility and manage risks.
- Encourage children to develop positive relationships where they choose not to bully or discriminate and actively provide British values
- Offer opportunities for co-operation, collaboration and to develop economic skills.
- Develop basic skills of ICT, of computing, reading, writing and maths.
- Broaden horizons and raise aspirations, offering contexts that challenge learners.
- Provide as many real and relevant learning experiences, connecting learning at school to the world beyond the classroom.
- Link areas of learning with personal learning and thinking skills wherever possible. These include children being: independent enquirers, creative thinkers, reflective learners, team workers, self managers and effective participants.
Please click on the links below for more information